Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Novel in a Month

You're Kidding Me Right? 

I really hadn't seriously thought about participating in the National Novel Writing Challenge,  but now, of course, the night before it starts I'm actually thinking of doing it.  It seems like a lot of my writer friends are going to try and get involved, and I asked myself why I hadn't even thought writing for it.   I'm not sure to be honest.  Maybe it's the time constraints or the huge idea of the project.  The plan is to write a certain number of words a day, pacing yourself so that, by the end of November, you have a 50,000 word novel.   WOW,  so when did I ever think about writing a novel?

 I really had kind of given up the writing thing way back after I graduated from college.   My career life took a different route, another of my passions, helping others. So I left the writing by the roadside and really didn't give it another thought.  Well that's not totally true, every once in a while I thought about it,  but I really didn't think I had a viable outlet.  Then I discovered Fan Fiction.   After reading the wonderful stories,  my writing muse started dancing around head trying to get my attention and I opened the door and let her run free.   Guess what? It's been one of the best experiences I've had in a long time.

 I love writing the stories, getting the feedback and hearing from the readers; it's addictive.  So now I'm sitting here seriously wondering  if I could do this. What can I write a novel about, and where in the world will I find the time?  Well I have no clue on both points,  but really don't I owe it to myself to give it a shot?  Don't we all owe it to ourselves to take a risk, to take a leap of faith?
Ya,  I think we do so here I am taking a risk and a big leap of faith.   I'll update you along the way.

1 comments:

Char said...

Unfortunately I just did not have the time to finish this project. I did come out with a GREAT idea for a story and a good start. Thanks for all the encouragement.

Post a Comment