Thursday, December 13, 2012

12 Days of Christmas

We all know the song "The Twelve Days of Christmas" at least most of us do.  But have you ever wondered about the meaning ? I had NO idea of the controversy with the song when I started this article.   Apparently,  there is a huge urban legend around it which both Snopes and Urban Legends both dispute, but there are a lot of  other sites which mention each of the days gifts were hidden meanings representing something within Christianity and Catholicism.  Bet you didn't know that did you?   I sure didn't  I just wanted something fun to share - so rather than get bogged down in heavy controversy I'll just share a couple of links at the end of the article  and share a silly fact about each day in some form or fashion.


Day 1 --A Partridge in a Pear Tree 


There are 47 different types of partridges an MOST are considered endangered 
 


And now  on the first day of Christmas  my first share with you *drum roll*  is of course a fun version of "The Twelve Days of Christmas"  by Straight No Chaser.   It's really worth the watch so take a minute or 3:30 to be exact and  enjoy.  





Articles: 


0 comments:

Post a Comment