Friday, September 10, 2010

Let's play some FOOTBALL!

Tonight at work I watched the Saints and Vikings play; this was the opening game for the NFL season.   I'm not a big sports fan, but I found out Wednesday it was being aired tonight and  my "boys"  seemed to really be disappointed that is was on our regular "group" nights.   Well I moved somethings around and we had a little "football" party. 

You know it's funny because I can count on one hand how many games I watched in the last 2 years, but it was really fun, and I got as excited as they did when the Saints scored or made a good  play.   I guess it had a lot to do with how I approached it.   Even though it's not my thing, I planned on having a good time and I did.  You know maybe there's a lesson to be learned; could it all be about our attitude.   I think that's probably something I need to remember when I face something I really am not looking forward to.  If I think of it as something I WANT to do, and not something I HAVE to do it will make all the difference.   I gotta remember that!

Who would have thought I would have been reminded of  an important life lesson simply from watching a football game.   Hmm wonder if it offers other life lessons,  maybe it's worth checking out.  Tell you what, the next game I'll bring the nachos and you can bring dessert.      

0 comments:

Post a Comment